Friday 24 February 2023

Kabbalistic Creation Story

This is a Kabbalistic creation story told to me many, many years ago. I hope I recall it OK. In order to be true to my teacher, the word “man” means here, both men and women, and all angels are described as male.

It begins at the time when God had created the heavens and our planet, and had finished creating human beings who worshipped him day and night. One day, he called his angels to him. God doubted, and said sadly, 

“Man worships me, but only because he knows no other God. Without freedom to worship an alternative, how can I be sure my beloved people, truly love me?”

All the angels were puzzled and God said “Call forth Lightbringer, the greatest of my archangels”. And the Lightbringer came forth. And God said to him,

“How do I know that Man truly loves me and no other?” 

The Great Lucifer could not answer.  God then said, 

“Lucifer, my very best and brightest archangel, YOU must oppose me and turn man’s heart and mind against me. I will know that my people, the greatest of my creation, truly love me because they will do good and stand by me and not attend to your wishes”. 

Lucifer was shocked. “I could never oppose you My Lord and Master, I could not turn Man’s heart against you. You are my Lord and Master.” “Yes, Lucifer!” God said, “This is what I command you to do!”

Lucifer fell like a heavy stone from the heights of heaven into the depths of a fiery hell, crying for God’s mercy and to be released from this terrible duty. There he writhes, from the beginning of time to our time, here today, turning man’s heart and mind away from God and towards all kinds of dreadful evils and heartlessness. 

When a man heart and mind turns towards Lucifer, he signs his death warrant to spend eternity in the fiery hell below with the demon who was once God’s greatest and most beautiful angel. 

But whenever man’s heart and mind turns towards God, God knows that man follows him and hears his commandments because he truly loves what is right and good and rejects evil. 

For every person who turns from Lucifer’s evil whispers towards the light of God and heaven, Lucifer is permitted to spend one day standing outside the Gates of Heaven to hear his brothers, the angels and archangels, singing in celebration for that one soul saved that can now spend eternity with the Most High God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search