Sunday 7 November 2021

Introducing Lisa Tenzin-Dolma

Lisa Tenzin-Dolma


Photo: Lisa playing Gibson Les Paul

"I grew up leading a nomadic lifestyle and lived in England (briefly), then Malta, Scotland, Malaysia and Singapore, before settling back in England in my mid-teens. I then moved to Ireland for 18 months and was involved with the music scene there.

"Music was my first career, travelling around as a singer-songwriter with my Yamaha FG 180 and Eko Ranger 12 string, then I made it simply a hobby in order to train as a nurse after caring for a little girl who had leukaemia and feeling I could be more useful within the medical profession. Following that, while raising my children, I worked as a complementary therapist, wholefood cook, clothes and jewellery designer, illustrator, medical laboratory assistant, journalist, author, and dog behaviourist. In the last two roles I combined my love of dogs with my love of writing and 5 of my 34 published books are about dog behaviour.


My current work: "I founded The International School for Canine Psychology & Behaviour Ltd (ISCP) (www.theiscp.com) in 2011. The ISCP provides distance learning courses in dog behaviour, training, nutrition, handling, welfare (and more), and we have a wonderful community of students in 60+ countries who continually inspire me. I believe strongly in helping rescues to successfully rehome dogs, so we offer our accredited behaviour course at a 50% discount for anyone who’s involved in a rescue, whether as a volunteer or employee.

"Recently I handed over the role of joint ISCP principal to June Pennell and Lisa Hird so that they could share the day to day running of the school, and this step back is now allowing me more time to focus on music, writing and art. During the past few years I’ve been using any available free time to work on composing a concept album, a kind of rock opera, called Echoes, and I’m now in the process of recording this with other musicians so am very excited about it.

Suggestions: "Whenever I’m asked how people can find their direction in life (which is the subject of my book Mind & Motivation: Reconnecting with Your Inner Purpose), my response is always: consider what you’re passionate about, what it is that fires you up and gets you feeling excited and inspired. Then explore how you can focus on and develop that. It doesn’t matter whether this becomes a career or stays as a hobby. What really matters is that sense of fulfilment it brings when you’re doing something that you love. This sends ripples out to the people in your sphere and impacts positively on the relationships in your life.

Websites and contact details: 

My personal website for music, books and art: www.tenzindolma.co.uk

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/LisaTenzinDolma/

The International School for Canine Psychology & Behaviour Ltd: www.theiscp.com

Email: lisa.t.dolma@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search