Saturday 8 April 2023

Wendy's Dream Column

Dream: I am riding on a man's cycle along dark country lanes. I am going to a place where children are hiding. One holds a lit cigarette so I can recognise a place to stop. I am to rescue many children - about eight at a time. I take them all on the bike and they climb on each other's shoulders. Over the years I have had this recurring dream, I must have carried hundreds to safety. 

Wendy's reply: This profound dream reminds me of those brave people who fought in the resistance during the war and put their own lives at risk to save others from jeopardy. I suspect you have done much charitable work in the world without any recognition and thereby are privy to a personal secret concerning your sacrifice for others. You may have experienced hardship as a child or you could have inherited a truly unselfish disposition. Meditate on how it would feel for you to be holding the lighted cigarette, for you to be rescued from danger and be held tight on the shoulders of a strong person who is deeply committed to your welfare. Use the affirmation: I am a radiant beacon to others to achieve satisfaction of a life richly lived for the welfare of others. I will bestow a special gift upon myself as thanks from those who are unable to thank me personally for my kindness. 

Dream: A man I adore is stroking my hair, fondling and caressing me. It is a most wonderful and sensuous experience and I feel a sense of deep love and longing. I had an affair with him but we broke up when we were almost discovered together. I cannot forget him even in sleep. ED Galmorgan.
Wendy's reply: Forbidden Fruit! This is not about the man but about a vibrant woman with a vast need for tenderness and intimacy. If you awake feeling energised, accept them as healing dreams that offer you comfort and take no further action. However, if you awake feeling dissatisfied with your present life, you should deal with your longings before you are tempted into another illicit affair. If there is a problem in your marriage, consider speaking to a counsellor to discuss how you could receive more tenderness and romance from your present partner. Meditate on cultivating feelings which protect and strengthen you. Use the affirmation: I am not dependent on fantasy for my happiness. I will take realistic steps to feel fulfilled and content in a way which does not hurt anyone.

Dream: Put Your Foot Down! My husband bought a large number of weird animals, reptiles and insects into my lounge. I am trying to put them into a box to contain them. A salamander escapes and I try to retrieve it, but it grabs me and swallows my hand, then my arm! No one will come to help me. LC Middx.
Wendy's reply: Your space is invaded by an uncomfortable situation that is not of your own making and you may be dependent on your husband's assistance to eradicate the problem. I notice you have tried to remove the cause without harmful action. They will bite the hand that feeds them if you are not careful!¬ If your husband will not help you when you have lost an arm to an ugly lizard, then when will he help? Meditate on long term spring cleaning. Use the affirmation: When I cannot live with something, I am strong enough to make the necessary changes. 

Dream: Insults Galore! A guy I know called Kev smiles at me in our local pub. He puts his arms around me and we walk to another pub together. Then I', left alone. Kev's friend tells me he has gone to the toilet, so I get myself a drink. On my way back I see Kev is upstairs watching TV! KW Cambs.
Wendy's reply: There is a sense of betrayal here from someone who should have provided you with good attention but failed to treat you respectfully. Look for someone who is available, consistent, protective, and interested in getting to know you and is prepared to share what he has. Then you can be sure he cares. Meditate on being the centre of attention Use the affirmation: I don't reduce my standards by suffering false friendships. 

Dream: Set up! I am with my partner and another woman. My partner chooses to please her rather than please me. He bought a dozen red roses and I was delighted until he turned and gave them to her. MP London.
Wendy's reply: Reversed favouritism is very destructive yet ca very common problem. A teacher will unjustly chastise a pet pupil; a step father will spoil a step chuld and ignore his own; a husband will praise his mother and criticise his wife. If any of these things have happened to you in the pat, it could cause this sort of dream. Strive for the status that is due to you and do not accept second place.

Dream: There is a pig sitting on the passenger seat of my car! KB Wirral
Wendy's reply: Have you looked to see what's on the back seat? Pigs are heavy weights and are strong enough to look after themselves. Meditate on flying away somewhere special with wonderful friends. Use the affirmation: I enjoy laughter and light company.

Dream: I am lying in my bed and sunshine streams through what looks like yellow curtains shedding golden light on me and all around my room. AL Cheshire
Wendy's Reply: Sun's Turning. An opportunity for expansion and regeneration will be presented to you which you must seize with enthusiasm. This could be an excellent time to ask for a rise in status or salary. If you have been carrying a burden, it will get lighter. Your lucky colour is yellow. Meditate on a feeling of renewal and an increase in vigour whilst you visualise the image of your dream. Use the affirmation: I will move forward into a future which is enriched and illuminated by greater awareness. 
Dream column published in The Sunday Mirror 1999-2000
 

Q: I recently had this dream: There is a grey mist. I see it from a side view. All around it is blackness. It becomes the side view of dog. I then go in through the mouth and come out through the top of its head. Looking straight at me is the face of a black wolf. I don’t feel any fear. Then, I'm running through a forest and this is the end of the dream. Elaine by email

Wendy's reply: Dear Elaine, Dogs, like their older, wilder cousins, the wolves, have a complex social structure. It is hierarchical and the strongest care for the weak, elderly and young ones of their pack. The blackness is the unknown, the grey mist, dawning realisation. Even though the dream shows you might be in quite a disconcerting situation, you have the courage to enter through the most dangerous place, the mouth of the dog, and to access its place of intellect, the head. The wolf that presents itself to you is the wilder aspect of yourself, but does not frighten you. The running through the forest shows you are fit and able to look after yourself in any environment, even a hostile one.     

Summing up, be prepared for something, almost out of awareness, to suddenly confront you. It is natural and you should not be concerned about it. The matter was there in the background of your mind but lacked clarity. The situation pertains to a social matter that you could have avoided, but ‘took the bull by the horns’ as they say, and with caring, courage, loyalty and intelligence, dealt with the situation. Use the affirmation: I am stronger than I think. 

Dream column published in Eternal Spirit Magazine

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search