Thursday 15 June 2023

Introducing Joylina Goodings


Emissary of Light! 
Joylina invited me to her home in a leafy London suburb. The room was very beautiful and it reminded me of a high mountain landscape. I was not surprised to hear that Joylina has been involved with leading holidays to places of spiritual interest around the world. She has visited S America, S Africa, Europe and Australasia, Tibet and Bhutan.  Bhutan, a small country in the Himalayan foothills, is known as the Land of the Thunder Dragon and is one of her favourite places due to their emphasis on Gross National Happiness instead of Gross National Product. The people, young and old, rich and poor, all have wonderful smiles on their faces. Even the feral dogs don't fight for food but wait patiently in a line for the tourists to feed them.

There are many Buddhist monasteries in this region and Joylina told me the head Lama recognised her group members as “sisters in spirit” though of different religions and from different parts of the world. Joylina describes the meeting "He gave each of us a personal blessing which included chanted prayers and an anointing with holy water. It was Remembrance Day, November 11th. The armistice was signed to end the first world war and we said prayers for peace around the world. The Lama invited us to the monastery balcony, which overlooks a steep ravine where he also prays for all sentient beings each day. The lama asked if he could join us and we held hands in a mutual prayer. Then we recalled the legend which tells of a place where the Buddha hit a rock with his staff and water gushed out, and we were shown this spiritual spring of sacred water to fill our water bottles. It was a very memorable and moving morning."


Joylina described the reason for these trips. “Today, there is a keen search to discover who we are and how we can express our life purpose. These holidays are transformational journeys where each person is encouraged to find authenticity, integrity and personal responsibility. It’s important for everyone to discover how we, as individuals, can be of service to our world. In our society, we have necessities and many have considerable luxuries, but the real quest is for self discovery, to understand the self in relation to others, and to take our learning to those who can also benefit from our understanding and wisdom. It’s these values that provide fulfillment. My aim is to support my clients on an inner journey as well as to visit places where the land energies facilitate personal transformation”.

Joylina is passionate about her work and her competency comes across in her warm voice and easy manner. She explains that more women than men attend her spiritual holidays though some brave men are pioneers and enjoy the company of questioning women. I sensed there was more to Joylina than just a tour guide and she explained, “These holidays to sites of outstanding beauty or historical importance are an ideal place for me to support my clients in the discovery of spiritual values and how they can live a rich and fulfilling life, to be the best they can be".

Five years ago, Joylina was invited to become the spiritual consultant for the 'Sfinx Group'. This is a group of women from many countries with a common desire for personal and spiritual growth. Joylina describes an African Safari, "One particular evening stands out in my mind, we sat by a gently flowing river under a clear night sky. The moon was decorated with a double corona and was so bright you could read a book by its light. We offered a prayer for peace throughout this ancient country, the cradle of humankind. We visualised the Great Rift Valley filled with love. In the morning we visited rock art that was over 10,000 years old. It was a wonderful trip, full of gratitude, kindness and wonder.”

Joylina has been on her own personal spiritual journey. “My mother caught a slight infection that developed into a life threatening illness. The doctor was called and attended the next day and she was rushed into hospital with pneumonia but they could not save her life and she died. I was only nine years old and had been taught that Jesus was a healer who cured people by touch. I recall wanting to touch my mother because I believed I could heal her. Children under 14 years of age were not allowed to visit relatives in hospital wards in those days so I could not put my arms around her. Following her death, her spirit was close to me for many years and I would speak with her. Her presence was a great comfort to me. She had been told by a fortune reader that she would die at the age of 30. This was a true prediction. Due to this, I had a fear of the occult and it was not until the tragic death of my husband that I became interested in psychic matters.”

Joylina’s strength, compassion and calmness are demonstrated when speaking about these traumatic times. I asked her if she had spirit guides or any experiences of the paranormal. “I have several spirit guides who have worked with me over the course of my life and I also work closely with angel energies that nourish and guide me. Many extraordinary things have happened to me in the course of my life. I dearly loved my husband Andrew, who sadly died of alcoholism. I had two young children at the time of his death. It was difficult but I learnt a great deal.

Joylina believes in reincarnation and describes an insight of a past life. "My favourite junior school book was the Adventures of Ulysses and throughout my life I been attracted to the Greek islands. On the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea I had a clear impression of a previous life. I remembered being a commander of an army that destroyed a holy temple and killed the female devotees. One man had committed suicide in the sea because he felt responsible for the temple's destruction".  

Joylina is a fascinating and interesting person with considerable intelligence and understanding. I asked about her education and work. “I had an ordinary education, my parents were both teachers and later my father went into business. I’ve had many career changes. I’ve been a secretary, house-wife and mother, worked in the City of London where I took a post graduate degree in marketing and communications and later I studied psychosynthesis counselling and qualified as a bereavement counsellor and a master NLP practitioner. I work now as an inspirational and motivational speaker, a spiritual columnist, and card reader and, of course, facilitate sacred journeys.”

Over the years her work has developed from focusing on tarot and angels readings which offer guidance on the opportunities available to her client's way forward to a more supportive mentoring role through soul coaching, where she supports her clients through the transformational process of creating rich and rewarding lives in line with their soul's energy. She also believes we each have our own role to play in the conscious evolution of our world. Our pasts may have made us who we are, but she believes our futures are of our own making and that as we find inner peace and unity within ourselves we will create peace and unity in our world.  Joylina believes this can happen within her lifetime.

Joylina comes across as very capable and articulate, with an astounding knowledge about life which few people can equal. Joylina went on to describe the importance of her daily meditations. “I send distance healing to those on my healing list and to all troubled parts of the world. When possible, I meditate for two hours each day – it's time well spent.”

I was admiring a painting that was hanging over the fireplace and Joylina smiled a proud smile, “It’s called Angel Light and is by the artist, Adrian Holland. He produced the paintings for my Angel Intuition card pack which I use to give selected readings for my clients”.

In 2014 Joylina’s father was diagnosed with Alzheimers and she decided to move to the Jurassic coast to be closer. Afterall one of the family needed to and she could work from anywhere. This has turned into a virtually fulltime role and her own work has had to be put on the back burner for a while.

This has been a steep learning curve and not an easy one for her and she has made many mistakes over the years. She says “It’s easy to say in hindsight what I should have done, but it has been a journey of self-forgiveness for me - I’ve done my best! At least I haven’t beaten myself up with “not being good enough” like I used to do before I started my spiritual journey, all those years ago”. 

Over time her caring role has become more of an overseeing role as her parents’ needs have become greater. She has 24 hour care support but is still responsible for the rotas, shopping, tax returns etc., and filling in whenever a carer is sick or unable to attend. She believes in not leaving it too late to enter a care home. She has a plan in place for her own care as she gets older. “I have no intention of putting my children through what I have been through these last years” she says.

In her soul coaching and readings she encourages people to be happy today, not sometime in the future and that all those things we want “one day” will only happen if we take action today. She also encourages people to identify their own needs and to make sure they are met. Her lifelong ambition had been to visit Easter Island and with her new responsibilities she could see this disappearing far into the future, if at all. Identifying her need get some much needed rest and relaxation she arranged cover for her parents and took off to the other side of the world for three weeks. She had made her dream come true and more importantly “walked her talk” which in her opinion is important. “If I couldn’t implement what I teach others, I would be a hypocrite” she says.

In the meantime she fits her work in around her caring role. She continues attending the major MBS Festivals throughout the country and she offers private readings via What’sApp and Zoom. She has turned all her workshops into fully supported on-line training courses and intends to run Zoom courses from next year. She still loves her writing and has three new books coming out soon. One in December 2020 on Auras (available for pre-order on Amazon) and two early next year - one on Psychic Development and the other on Tarot.

Covid and lockdown was a really illuminating experience and Joylina has been impressed by the way communities came together to help each other. How we saw, and are still seeing, both the best and the worst of human nature. The best being her team of carers who gave up their other jobs to protect and shield her parents. Because of her own caring role she was not able to help out in the community as she would have wished. She was however extremely grateful for everything. For the beauty of where she lives and the support of so many good people.

Back in the mid 1990’s, when her spiritual journey began, her main interest was healing rather than readings and soul coaching p, and with all the fear and anxiety surrounding health and money there must be something she could do to help others. Entry to her Distance healing list had always been free. She also made all her downloadable meditations free, and all her training courses half price. She decided to abolish her usual prices and do all her work for donations rather than a fixed price. She decided to continue this policy not just through lock down but for the future. 

Many people took advantage of these offers and finding time to do it all has been challenging. She has been learning new skills and participating in Virtual exhibitions. With the advent of a stable technological platform for virtual workshops, her next stop will be turning her online training courses into live Zoom training.

During lockdown, she was invited to contribute to a wonderful collaborative book called Reluctantly Psychic. It was the brain wave of Alison Ward to gather together uplifting stories of how people came into their spiritual lives. The call went out on Facebook and 10 days later she had 44 different stories. Six days later the book was edited and ready printing. 

Returning to her healing roots, she currently is involved in Reiki and Healing training to National Occupational Standards, ensuring it meets and exceeds the complimentary and natural healthcare council (CNHC) requirements. It appears to be a monumental task but researching the scientific studies that have been done over the last 20 years gives fascinating scientific evidence to everything she has discovered and believed and taught for so long.

As for the future, “who knows” she says. “Definitely more writing, readings and teaching” after all a state pension is not enough to live on anymore. Hopefully next year the exhibitions will be allowed to resume, and she will be able to travel again.

Last time we spoke, Joylina’s long term goal was to establish a respite centre for people with personal difficulties, such as recovering alcoholics and drug addicts and people who find themselves homeless.  Somewhere where people who are at their lowest ebb have the time, space and support to re-discover their true self and their purpose. So many current facilities are either expensive or religious based. Even after people leave rehab, they usually return to the same environment that caused their issues and therefore many return to destructive old ways. “I would like to create a safe holistic space where they can share their experiences, address their unconscious patterns, and re-discover their divine nature”.

On reflection she realizes she has always done this in a small way because whenever she has had a spare room, someone needy has used it until they got back on their feet. For now she realizes setting up the kind of rehabilitation centre she had envisaged is going to take more energy than she feels she has now but who knows what the future will hold! 

 What I do know is Joylina is a true emissary of light in this often difficult world!    

Joylina Goodings was a spiritual consultant, healer, teacher & author who passed to Spirit in June 2023. This interview was conducted in 2022. To find out more visit Joylina’s website: http://www.joylina.com/  Joylina’s book ‘Your Angel Journey - a guide to releasing your inner angel" is available from Amazon and all good bookstores as is “In Focus Auras” and other downloadable books by her. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search