Tuesday 21 November 2023

Self Development

Take charge of your life. Write your life story. What have been the major turning points, successes, reversals and relationships?

What is your life purpose? What gives your life meaning?  What is your greatest fear? What is your greatest regret? What has been your greatest defeat? What makes you angry? What opportunities present themselves to you today? What are the main beliefs you have about yourself and the world? Are these self limiting beliefs? What have you always wanted to do? What preparations have you made for it? What target date have you for it? What are you in denial about? How can you improve your attitude? What are you grateful for? Write down what you want and put a time on it. Do you need to burn bridges? 

Keep a journal with the following sections: Health: Finances: Career: Family: Social: Educational: Home: Emotional: Mental. What will you do in 6 months? What will you do in 5 years? What will you do in 10 years? How might you sabotage yourself? 

Act ‘as if’ you are content. Use affirmations. I approve of myself. I am a winner. I’m healthy, wealthy and successful. I’m a wonderful, loving person. I am a high achiever. I deserve success. I deserve all that is good. I’m relaxed and at peace. I can change whatever I want in my life. I have good choices. I can confront negative inherited be,ifs about myself and the world. I am clear. I know the truth now. We only have one life and I will make the best of mine. 

Did you come from a dysfunctional home where you emotional needs were not met? Without genuine nurturing, do you try to give to others? Are you comfortable with those who are emotionally unavailable? Are you comfortable with attention seekers, narcissists or psychopaths? Are you afraid of abandonment and put up with bad treatment? Is nothing too much trouble for you for friendship? Do you compensate for what your childhood failed to give you? Do you carry more than your share of burdens? Do you think you deserve to be loved? Do your relationships involve control, manipulation, co-ercion, threats or demands? Are you content with your life or does something need to change? Are you drawn to people with problems, money, status or qualifications to fulfil something you lack? 

Make a vision board. Keep a gratitude list. What is your promise to yourself? What is your self talk?  These are suggestions.  I believe in myself. I am clear about myself. And clear about my future. I can take positive action. I can take risks. I am resilient. I am open to new ideas. I commit fully. I develop a strong support network. I can identify and analyse problems and provide solutions. I am accountable and responsible. I exercise good judgement. I make sound decisions. I enjoy success. I have payoffs. I have a winning script. Not a losing script. I have a life script. I convert my life script. Can you write yours? What is its title? Can you identify decision-makers in your life? Do you let things happen? Do you make things happen? Are you creative and innovative? Do you genuinely care? Do you develop close friendships, do you share knowledge and are approachable? Are you visible? Have you a mentor? Do you avoid gossip? Do you avoid backstabbing? Do you blame others or bully them? Do you pass the buck or steal ideas? What are the power bases around you? Is it legitimate power? Is it reward power? Is it coercive power? What is your personal power? Do you have expertise, connections, information and teamwork?

Article by Wendy Stokes https://Wendystokes.co.uk 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search