Tuesday 4 August 2020

Kate Oman Interview

I always knew I was different from those around me. As a young child, I was on the periphery. I had friends certainly, but for most of my childhood, I desperately tried to fit in and make everyone like me and was a chronic people pleaser with low self esteem. Of course, this didn't work out as planned - I was bullied no matter what I did.
 
As I entered my teenage years, I became increasingly interested in the paranormal and esoteric. The mysteries of life and death fascinated me and I found myself devouring any book I could find on the topic until one of the bullies saw me in the library, and although nothing was said about it, I panicked and instantly buried my interest. I couldn't stand the thought of yet another thing marking me out as being different from the crowd.
 
"For the next 15 years of my life, I tried to figure out who I was. I knew deep within my being that I was here for a reason, but I couldn't figure out what my purpose was. As a result, I flittered from job to job (including secondary school teacher and even cold caller), and I went out with a plethora of rather unsuitable men. Whatever I looked for outside of myself to make me happy failed, but I had no idea of how to make my situation any better. But, life has a wonderful way of putting you on your backside when you're not listening, so I learnt to listen!
 
"In 2010, my life and my family were rocked by a tragedy and my life turned everything upside down. My beloved grandparents were killed in an arson attack on their flat. I was devastated and shocked to the core. The police investigation, the media intrusion, the overwhelming grief didn’t let go - it changed everything! I felt at rock bottom, but I had to stop and look at my life with really objective eyes. When the dust settled, I knew that I hadn't been really happy in a very long time, and I knew things had to change - and quickly. The Universe provided me with two wonderful opportunities to move my life forward: meeting my future husband and meeting my mentor. My husband provided the opportunity for me and my son to move out of my parent's house and to stand on my own two feet for the first time in my life. My mentor, Barbara was a psychic medium that my mum had been getting readings from for a year or so. When she met me for the first time, the first thing she said to me was, 'You can do what I can, you are a gifted medium'. I had never really considered a career in the area of spirituality but she mentored me and helped my gifts to unfold. Since that time I have been on a journey of discovery and learning. I learnt about tarot and oracle cards, auras, past lives, clairvoyance, spirit guides, angels, astrology, witchcraft and numerology and so many more fascinating topics, and this has also allowed me to help others. Everything happens for a reason, and everything I have been through has added up to make me the person I am today.
 
"Now, I am involved with various projects; each of which is wonderful! For the last three years, I have been a monthly contributor to the national magazine, Soul & Spirit, where I have answered reader's questions about the angels and have assisted with various problems in their lives. This year, I was also given the opportunity to be a columnist on another magazine - Chat It's Fate where I am able people to identify the colours within the seeker’s aura, as well as how crystals and colours can help to empower them. I love writing, and being able to write for such prestigious magazines is a huge blessing.
 
"In the last couple of years, I have self published two books through Amazon: ‘Chasing Rainbows’ and ‘Little White Feathers’. They were written and published whilst I was a full time mum to my twins, so the level of pride I feel at achieving one of my lifelong dreams is a real joy. I want to author more books and find a wider audience, so that I can help as many people as possible.
 
"Since 2016 I have been a weekly contributor on the Facebook page of the author, Theresa Cheung. I have posted inspirational and spiritually informative videos which have been watched by thousands of people. I have also written articles for the #HigherSelfie website, which is linked to the book '#HigherSelfie by Lucy Sheridan and Jo Westwood.
 
"For the past seven years, I have given psychic readings to hundreds of people, and I know my guidance has truly helped those in need. I also run a ‘Connecting with the Angels’ online course, and have hosted a workshop on the same theme. Moving forward, my focus is now on helping people to understand that they are in charge of their own happiness, and to give them the tools to help them grasp this concept.
 
"My main pastimes are with my three children. I have recently become a single parent, and they are my whole world. Although this path wasn't planned, it is the path I find myself taking and I am determined to do all that I can to give them the wonderful and happy life they all deserve. Alongside this, my other interests focus around creativity and culture. I love reading and writing, and will always turn to these when I have free time. I also adore drawing, painting and cooking. I love visiting museums, the theatre, art galleries and the cinema. I find that the more I have the chance to express my creative side, the more balanced and happier I feel.
 
"Everything I have done over the last seven years has come through divine inspiration. Ideas have appeared to be instantly downloaded into my consciousness from a higher source. No matter whether it is my books or my workshops, they've all come as bolts out of the blue. As I sat watching the news on TV one day, I felt myself falling into fear. Every story seemed saturated with negativity, anxiety and doom. I felt so helpless as I sat there, and I knew there would be millions more like me all over the world. And then,suddenly, I saw the answer very clearly: We all have the power to choose how we feel, although we can't control our outside circumstances, we can choose how we react to circumstances. This is a conscious choice we can make each day and, although it's not easy, it is possible. I have the tools, and the experience, to help people feel better. I have written a book entitled, “Happiness: Make Your Soul Smile”, and I make inspirational posts every day on social media to help those lost in the darkness of life as I once was. I seek to help as many people as I can across the globe, to find their own inner happiness.
"I'm also interested in making contact with the younger generation as happiness is not part of the National Curriculum. We all face now and again the need to search for inner happiness. By helping children to understand that happiness is a choice, and to give them the tools to make changes and facilitate this. We can decide to support the next generation to be healthier and happier and one day this will spread to heal our planet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search